Saturday, December 23, 2006

Pre-Christmas Fun




Today Susie and I took Jack to Leu Gardens, a nature park full of much flora for looky loos and the very same park that I formally proposed to Susie on both knees. Jack loved it as did we. He loves to walk up to flower beds, sit in the middle of them and carefully touch every one of them while giggling.
Future botanist, florist, Ralph Waldo Emerson??? Or, maybe he just likes nature like his mother and father or the "f"ing nature like his Uncle Joe (so, my wife tells me).
After walking about a mile through the park, which is several acres, Jack suddenly went of the beaten path, found a small labeled tree, and sat down next to it. As I walked up to him, I read the label...it was a "Jacktree". Jack began digging into the ground, covering himself in dirt as if doing some strange ritual only Jack's would know. After about 10 minutes of picture shooting, Jack decided he was done, returned to the beaten path, found a puddle and washed his hands off.




A great time was had by all!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Today was one of the most fun days I've ever had with Jack. It was a great way to kick off the Christmas weekend. I love you guys.

Rants, drivel and a few interesting tidbits