Tuesday, September 4, 2007

"Hello again, hello" (Neil Diamond)

Not that anyone probably checks this thing anymore but here's why I haven't been blogging in 2 months:
June & July

Ran summer camp for 9 boys for 2 months.

Jack got sick.

Road trip to Miami.

July

Visited Dee in hospital in NC drove up and back with screaming almost 2 year old.

Mother-in-law died (a great, great woman and a tragic, quick ending to her life)...think of her everyday still and I didn't even know her that well. I simply know she made everyone feel loved that she knew including me in such a very short time.

Back to NC for Dee's funeral

Aunt Jane...the favorite of all favorites was diagnosed with stage IV cancer the same day Dee died...she's doing as good as she can and fighting hard.

August

Visited Aunt Jane in Miami with family in tow.

Had a flat tire with a flat spare.

School started/Homework Club reopened

Susie interviewed and got a new job...stressful and exciting all at the same time.

Jack daycare search begins...stressful and less exciting all at the same time.

Had skin pre-cancer removed from head by cryogenic freezing AKA burning the hell out of my face.

Had 3 seizures in the midle of the night (hence ambulance ride), broke hand (hence typing errors ), hit head (hence concussion and short term memory loss, cut chin and lip (hence 10 stitches already removed and healed after Susie found me in a puddle of blood face down in the bathroom, started seizure meds (hence dizziness and nausea). All of which lead to general fear of bathrooms.

September

1 cast put on hand to be removed 9/13, 1 lab workup to check med levels, 1 MRI on head (in the tunnel), 1 neuro doc appt., 1 surgeon appt. to remove facial stitches, 2 appts. with primary care later and still 1 EEG, 2 ortho appts., 1 primary care visit, 2 dermotalagist appts., several neuro appts., several blood/lab test to go.

Back to work after 2 week hiatus.

Oh, and Jack's sick...the cherry on the top I suppose.

Not the summer I planned on.

Poor me...actually, I feel quite fortunate to have so many people that helped me/us through all of this. I feel especially lucky to have Susie as my wife. If I created the perfect wife for me I still couldn't come close to her...Thanks Susie and, of course, thanks Dee!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same about the summer... one of the worst times of my life, yet I'm so happy to be with you and have our Jack. I'm glad you blogged again... and hope you do more in the future.

crazystegmamaof4 said...

Hey...I know you don't know me well, but I check your blog and I'm glad you're back :) You guys sure did have a crapload of a summer...wishing you better/happier/healthier times ahead. And "amen" to you having a great wife, son and mother-in-law...they are all one of a kind and I still think about Dee often and smile...she left an amazing legacy in Sue (who I think is a lot like her). Hope all the injuries are healing...crap...that was scary stuff. Oh...and love the tribute to my hero, Neil :) Awesome! Give that wife of yours a hug from me, T-Nasty Gritz/Steg Mama who's family knows you as Kiki :)

sandie said...

SWEET BABY JESUS what a summer! I have been checking in and I'm glad to see you post. What a doozy. Many hugs to all of you and we'll see you soon.

Keith said...

Future's so bright, gotta wear shades...in a bad song kinda mood. Not that Neil Diamond has ever written a bad song Stegs. Kiki like.

Looking forward to seeing you at the beach littlejeans. Sorry if I actually call you liljeans to your face as we've hardly gotten to know each other except through these blogs. Can't wait for the boys to hang.

Rants, drivel and a few interesting tidbits