Monday, September 11, 2006

Another JOB

Not Job, as in the Bible, although sometimes I feel like that. I mean, I have another job now. For some reason it did not really hit home that I would be working two jobs until today. Until now, The Homework Club has simply been a plan or idea. Yeah, it's been a lot of work already but it hasn't been a job per se. Today is the actual grand opening with REAL paying customers. Now it's a job. It's very important to me that the kids have fun there but even more important that they achieve what there parents are paying for them to achieve, so I feel a tremendous sense of responsibility. We'll see how it goes today. Cross your fingers for me or whatever superstition tends to work for you.

As far as Jack goes...I nearly cried the other day when I came to the REALIZATION that he is almost one. I didn't even see it coming. I mean suddenly when talking to my mother about him crawling in cake on the big day, I realized it is going to be quite emotional. Also, I know that if I cry, Susie will be filling buckets.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you guys going to get him the smash cake? That is the greatest. If you order the cake from Publix, they give you a smaller cake for free that's just for Jack to "smash". Make sure to bring a spare set of duds for the birthday dude to change into... David's first was at Lettuce Lake Park, and I remember hosing him off at a nearby faucet, red and blue icing running from his nose, ears...good times.

suebaby said...

We ordered the cake from Publix... can't wait to get the smash cake!!!

Rants, drivel and a few interesting tidbits