Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Screaming Birds and Upchucking

If you have been reading my wife's post you know...she was sick all weekend...Jack wore me out from Friday until Monday.

Monday night, a bird decided to die, we thought, keeping us up from about 3am until 6:30 when we get up to start our day.

Tuesday night...after my sister visited with Jack during "get ready for bed time" and great fun was had by all, Jack yacked up all his dinner (this meant he stayed up an extra 1 1/2 hours)...why do babies eat dirt and why do babies puke for no reason?

Fast forward to the middle of the night last night....the bird we thought had died, which I swore I would kill violently, returned. I decided to go outside at about 5am and track it down. Weapon (knife sharpener for beat down) and flashlight in hand, I quickly realized the bird was far, far away, not dying, and in the middle of a swamp behind our house...further, maybe not even a bird!

Jack woke up at 6:30...smiling and saying bye bye to me...as if to say hurry daddy or you'll be late. Susie muttered, "alduad"...which I think was "I love you" and I told her the floor was slick and to be careful due to being cleaned of puke late last night....she then stared at me and both of us seemed confused.

Question: What do we do about the mysterious vermen living in the swamp keeping us up all night and rendering us incapable of meaningful communication whereas only our baby seems to know how to speak???

No comments:

Rants, drivel and a few interesting tidbits