Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Slowly but surely...

Yesterday, Jack turned 11 months. According to his mother he had a great day, all day long. He ate big people food, played, napped well and did great right up until going to bed.

I went to the grocery store for an hour, came back, and said to Susie, "Today seemed almost too good to be true". She agreed and we both sort of moved on. I thought to myself, I bet he wakes up in the middle of the night just to remind us who's boss.

Fast forward to 12am. Jack wakes up screaming. We both wake up assuming that it's 6am and time to get up. Simultaneously we look at the clocks and notice, it's midnight! Susie goes to change the diaper and I headed downstairs to make a bottle. Jack proceeds to eat the entire bottle and then it's back to the crib where he falls asleep immediately.

I then lay in the bed for the next hour and a half...then I wake again to Jack whining in the crib at about 5:30am. I head to his room thinking, need more sleepy. I throw some toys in and turn his musical bird projector on and head back to bed. I have every intention of getting back up for good in 15 minutes. Somewhere in there I fall back asleep and, get this, so does Jack!

Later, while getting ready to leave for work, Jack wakes up at 7:15! Your still in charge Jack, but we're taking over! Slowly but surely...

Birthday invites to be sent out this weekend...clear your calendars 9/16 in the afternoon...baby party in St.Cloud.

3 comments:

suebaby said...

Living the good life here with Jack again... and as the one "in charge" of the great Birthday Bash... please know your invites might not really be mailed out this weekend. Let's just keep it real, here, folks.

Anonymous said...

They better be mailed out or noone will come to my party...sorry, gotta go, my mom is coming...she thinks I'm napping but I'm really riding the information superhighway...I love blogging!

suebaby said...

Don't even think about it, Mister!

Rants, drivel and a few interesting tidbits