Thursday, April 20, 2006

Tumbleweed

Once again I have found a way to shorten a stay in yet another dwelling. Over the past 14 or 15 years I have moved several times. Ever since I moved into the college dorms back in 1991 in Tampa at USF I have averaged about one move every year.

The breakdown (where and why I moved):

1991 Moved to USF (to get an edubacation)
1992 Moved into different dorm (could not afford the expensive dorm any longer)
1993 Moved into seedy apartments in Tampa next to Nebraska Ave. (could not stand my fraternity crazed roomate any longer--gunshots every night were worth it)
1994 Moved to University Townhouse Apartments across from USF (wanted to live in an apartment that had a bar on the premises)
1995 Moved to studio apartment still in Tampa (left crazy girlfriend for new girlfriend)
1995 Moved to another apartment (ex-crazy girlfriend stalking us)
1996 Moved into townhouse with 4 other guys and lived on the floor (drunk)
1996 Moved into yet another apartment in Tampa with my roomate (still drunk)
1997 Moved to Orlando with my sister Sunny in the house she's still in (pursued Masters Degree--still a little drunk)
2002 Moved to Houston, Texas for a year in a house on the ocean (wanted to torture myself)
2003 Moved back to Orlando into my parents house (swam across the Gulf of Mexico to get away from George Bush and all of his friends in Houston)
2003 Moved into a house in Downtown Orlando (strategically aligning myself to collide with the love of my wife)
2004 Moved into an apartment where I would fall in love with, marry and conceive a baby with Susie (a.k.a. The Mayan Ruins)
2005 Moved into another apartment where Jack was born and I would have the most difficult year of my life (bringing us to the present)

2006 We now have to move in July because the owner of our complex is very wealthy and does not want the headache of two people complaining about a moldy apartment or their ceiling that creates it's own afternoon showers...she wrote us a letter indicating that she is sorry for what we have gone through, disowned any responsibility for what transpired, and told us our lease would not be renewed due to my using the "F" Bomb...in actuality, I just found out that the apartments we live in are going to turn condo anyway and no leases will be renewed. The woman just wanted to make us feel bad further bolstering my contention that she is simply MEAN!!! It's all for the best.

But, once again, I'm moving. A tumbleweed.

3 comments:

suebaby said...

hee hee hee... i'm the love of your wife.

Anonymous said...

Cheers to you my tumbleweed kindred spirit :-) We can have a moving party in July, I think we are all moving the same week.

Keith said...

A fellow drifter, a vagabond, per se. I must say though, Michelle, you are more like a piece of floating debris in a hurricane.

Rants, drivel and a few interesting tidbits