Monday, May 14, 2007

Miami con Jack

We had a great weekend!

Somewhere around Tuesday of last week, Susie and I decided to trek down to Miami with the boy to practice for planned upcoming trips to North Carolina (July) and Tennessee (October). Plus, Jack has progressively become better about the car so we figured we should test him out on a 4 hour road trip.

Little did we know that he not only loves road trips, but he now loves sleeping at other peoples houses as well. Each night, after days full of car driving, hiking in the hammocks, petting zoos, bon fires, meeting with strange and unusual relatives (my family), and only a couple of very short naps, the boy slept like a rock. In the car, Jack was content to sit and look out the window, take short naps, and sing along with the music.

In short, Jack was the perfect angel this weekend. He actually made the drive seem shorter than normal as he was quite entertaining most of the time.

One things for sure, my kid is the best! He was so sweet to all his relatives that he doesn't know very well, dropping, "thank you", "I Love You", and giving hugs to everyone. Despite his being an introvert it was clear that he knew how to be sociable when he has to.

Way to go Jack. I'm proud of you and you made your mother happy too on her second Mother's Day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was one of the best weekends I've had in a long, long... no, nevermind that... one of the best weekends EVER. Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

The greatest thing was when I use to come home to a little girl and her older brother and they would give me the biggest smile that to wonderful children could give. Now I get to relive it all over , but this time I am awake and can really enjoy the moment to its fullest . Thankyou both for letting me have a second chance cause I was afraid I would not get one. God bless Jack and his parents.... Gramps

Anonymous said...

I need to read what I post first....TWO fixed

Rants, drivel and a few interesting tidbits