Monday, June 26, 2006

Just Blogging Around

The best part about finishing getting ready for an audit at my job is that I get to play around with my blog for an hour and figure out how to use html script. I probably could quit this job and get paid twice as much with what I learned in 1 hour by myself. This is especially disturbing considering, I have 60 thousand dollars of student loan debt outstanding, after nearly 4 years of post-graduate schooling. I should be a doctor or lawyer or an astronaut by now but instead I make diddly squat and I'm getting ready to start a business to work a great deal more and make slightly more than diddly squat.

This brings me to a soap box...warning I'm winding up for a rant if you didn't see it coming.

Okay, so I've never been motivated by money. It simply isn't what I'm all about. However, I like money. I like the comforts money can bring. The problem is I give meaning to life by things like helping others rather than selling things to others or providing consumer services or taking advantage of poor little old ladies. I've always been of the mindset that by working hard at what I think is important, helping children and families who are less fortunate, that I would simply not have to worry about money. I never cared about being wealthy or getting bunch of stuff but simply don't want to worry about the bills, whether or not I can by a new car, whether I should buy the Huggies or Publix brand diapers for my baby, you get the point. These days it seems you are either getting richer or poorer in the U.S.. Right now at least, I'm in the latter grouping. While I serve the less fortunate, I think I'm becoming one of them.

I feel like Andy Rooney on 60 minutes now. And, what's with all those sandwiches at 7-eleven. Every damn one of them has mayonaise on it. Does everyone like mayonaise except me. I don't think so. If I can't change anything that matters, maybe I should put my energy here. Everyone write your respective senators about the health effects of mayo...don't worry if your accurate, your bound to get some of it right. As everyone knows, mayo was created by the devil, or George Bush, I've forgotten which one.

No comments:

Rants, drivel and a few interesting tidbits