Wednesday, June 21, 2006

More Sleep Dep and Baby Food Makeup?

Jack woke up at 1:30am!!! Susie got up to feed him at around 2:30am. He went back to sleep but I just tossed and turned for 3 hours only to fall asleep 30 minutes before Jack woke up for good. I think Susie was awake too.

I got up and fed him another bottle while Susie tried to get an extra hour of sleep. Now I'm here at work, eyes drooping, with clients on their way. Susie's back home probably staring at Jack while he whines and fusses until his first nap of the day. I feel guilty leaving her there but lucky at the same time.

Honestly, I think we've both lost it. Yesterday, when I got home from work, Susie and I loaded Jack up to take a walk. We started out and we talked about our respective days. While Susie was talking and walking next to me, I turned and made eye contact. I started laughing hysterically and she did too not knowing why. One of her eyebrows was decked out in the most mysterious and trend setting colors I've seen this fashion season. It was orange. The same color as Jack's dinner. The funny thing is, it was perfectly covered as if she did it on purpose. I pictured her sitting there with Jack in his highchair attempting to feed him his dinner whilst he grabbed the spoon rubbing carrots all over himself and his chair. Suddenly, I envisioned Susie grabbing the little jar of mixed vegetables and declaring, "Well son, if you're not going to eat this I will find another use for it." Then, like a cut scene from Mommy Dearest, I picture Susie slowly smearing Gerber with her fingers on each of her brows. After, she grabs a different color for her lips, perhaps some apples and blueberries for dramatic effect.

Later, the same night, Susie and I watched QVC as two wonderful ladies sold Tova makeup products...one of which was Ms. Tova herself. We laughed hysterically once again as they kept putting the products on their cleavage no matter what the product was actually made for it seemed.

Sleep Deprivation can be quite funny until the next morning. Wonder what we'll do tonight? Perhaps we'll watch an episode of Benson and think it's hysterical or maybe we'll get up at 2am, go in Jack's room and cry until we eat some food and fill our underwear with pee? Oh, the possibilities.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What if I did put that baby food on my eyebrow on purpose? Is that weird or something? Tova recommended it.

Rants, drivel and a few interesting tidbits