Monday, June 19, 2006

My 1st Father's Day


Yesterday was my first Father's Day of many to come. Jack started the morning off sleeping in until 6:30am. A rare treat which certainly did not go unnoticed. Jack (Susie) had laid out several presents for me to open in the living room. I opened them revealing 3 large pics of Jack nicely framed and one book, "The Poop Bomb". Then, Susie fed Jack his bottle, I loaded up the car with boxes full of things to move to our new house, and we left by 7:45am for St. Cloud.

By 8:15am we were sitting in a Village Inn a block from our new place with my mom and dad. After breakfast, we mosied on over to the new place. By 9:15am, all the boxes were in, my parents had seen our place. My dad had asked every conceivable question about the structure of the building, the burglar alarm system, and garage door opener. My mother had asked every conceivable question about the pool and foliage in the community. Then Jack christened the living room with a "poo bomb". Hastily, Susie and I decided it was time to leave. My dad received his gigantic, black and white picture of Jack and Jack was loaded into the car with his Grammy Valium and Grampoppy.

Susie and I sped away at 124 miles per hour headed to Universal Studios as we had a free pass and I found out I was still paying monthly payments of $15 for a yearly pass. By 10:30am we met our friends Stef and Jason at the park. By noon, I had finally consumed an imported beer and suddenly realized how great our freedom for the day was. It rained on us but we didn't care the least bit.

After several rides, 3pm snuck up on us quickly and we returned home. Jack arrived with his Grammy Valium in tow after visiting his great grandparents in Kissimmee all day and screaming at heavy mascara laden old ladies with bluish hair.




A great Father's Day was over by 9:30pm, as the Raskin Household was exhausted and asleep.

No comments:

Rants, drivel and a few interesting tidbits